ASGCA Elects Six New Members
The American Society of Golf Course Architects (ASGCA) welcomed seven new Associate Members to its ranks at the groupís recent 60th Annual Meeting in Pinehurst, N.C.
The election of David Druzisky (Phoenix, Ariz.), Jon Garner (North Palm Beach, Fla.), Doug Myslinski (Palatine, Ill.), Lester George (Richmond, Va.), Jeffrey Blume (Magnolia, Texas) and Tripp Davis (Norman, Okla.) brings ASGCA membership to 176.
- David DruziskyóDruzisky is president of Druzisky Golf Design of Phoenix, Ariz. He is a graduate of the University of Arizona where he earned his degree in landscape architecture. His courses include: Laughlin Ranch Golf Club, Bullhead City, Ariz.; The Duke Golf Club, Maricopa, Ariz.; and Dragon Ridge Country Club, Henderson, Nev.
- Jon GarneróGarner is a design associate at Nicklaus Design of North Palm Beach, Fla. He earned his masterís degree in landscape architecture from Utah State University. His courses include: Bear Trace at Ross Creek Landing, Clifton, Tenn.; Dalhousie Golf Club, Cape Girardeau, Mo.; and Toscana (South) Country Club, Indian Wells, Calif.
- Doug Myslinski óMyslinski is a senior designer at Jacobson Golf Course Design, Inc. of Libertyville, Ill. He earned a degree in landscape architecture from West Virginia University. His courses include: The Club at Strawberry Creek, Kenosha, Wis.; Morningstar Golfers Club, Waukesha, Wis.; and Thornberry Creek Country Club, Green Bay, Wis.
- Lester GeorgeóGeorge is president of George Golf Design, Inc. of Richmond, Va. He earned a B.S. degree from the University of Richmond. His courses include: Kinloch Golf Club, Manakin Sabot, Va.; The Newport Bay Course at Ocean City Golf & Yacht Club, Berlin, Md.; and Providence Golf Course, Chesterfield County, Va.
- Jeffrey BlumeóBlume is president of Jeffrey D. Blume, Limited of Magnolia, Texas. He earned a degree in landscape architecture from Texas A&M University. His courses include: La Paloma Golf Club, Amarillo, Texas; Elkins Lake, Huntsville, Texas; and Hide-A-Way Lake Club, Hide Away, Texas.
- Tripp DavisóDavis is a partner at Tripp Davis and Associates Golf Development Services L.P. of Norman, Okla. In addition to earning a B.A. in journalism/marketing, he studied in the Masters Program for Landscape Architecture at the University of Oklahoma. His courses include: The Tribute Golf Club, The Colony, Texas; Coldwater Golf Links, Ames, Iowa; and Grand Elk Ranch and Club, Granby, Colo.
Candidates for Associate Membership in ASGCA complete a rigorous, multi-phase application process that includes peer review of four completed courses, discussions with project owners and a personal interview to assess the candidateís professional capabilities. This process typically takes two years for an applicant to complete.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2016 Penton Media Inc.