2007 Grounds Maintenance Calendar Photo Contest
Are you proud of your work? Show it off by entering the 2007 Grounds Maintenance Industry Calendar Photo Contest sponsored by PBI/Gordon Corporation.
Grounds Maintenance magazine is asking green industry professionals to submit photos of landscapes that are maintained using the following PBI/Gordon products: SpeedZone, Bensumec, Embark, Surge, Azatrol, Trimec Plus, Ferromec, Launch, Transfilm and Trimec Classic.
The prizes are as follows:
- Each entry that is selected for inclusion in the 2007 calendar will be awarded $150 for PBI/Gordonís Professional Turf and Ornamental Products (retail value) and a dinner certificate for two at the restaurant of the contestantís choice (up to $75 value).
- 3rd place will receive a 1 GB Apple iPod Shuffle
- 2nd place will receive a 30 GB Apple iPod
- Grand Winner will receive airfare for two anywhere in the continental U.S. (value not to exceed $1,000 total).
Please refrain from including people in your photo. If people are included, they should be involved in using the property in an appropriate way (e.g. a golf course photo may include golfers or a college campus may include students walking on sidewalks, etc.). Photos may not include recognizable people. If the photographed landscape is a private residence, please ask the property owners for permission to submit the photo.
Submit along with your photo the following:
- A brief statement about the PBI/Gordon products you use to keep your properties looking their very best.
- Contact information including your name, title, address, phone number and email address.
Those photos chosen for the calendar will require a separate head shot of the property manager that can be submitted after the winners are notified. Obtaining permission from the property owner to use the photo is the responsibility of the photographer and is assumed by the producers of the calendar.
Submission of an entry will be considered as permission to use both the photo and the story. Each business or site selected will be featured on the PBI/Gordon Web site as well as in the calendar. All submissions become the property of Grounds Maintenance and PBI/Gordon Corp. and are subject to use after the 2007 Grounds Maintenance Industry Calendar Contest and will not be returned.
Photos included in the 2007 Grounds Maintenance Industry Calendar will be selected by PBI/Gordon. Selection criteria will include photo quality, site appropriateness, site appearance and industry value of the problem-solving product statement or story.
Photos selected as Grand Prize, 2nd and 3rd place winners will be selected by Grounds Maintenance magazine and will be selected solely on the basis of site appearance and photo quality.
Submit electronic photos and statements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Minimum resolution is 300 dpi Jpeg or GIF formats.
Or mail entries to Grounds Maintenance 2007 Calendar Contest, Attn: Angie Gates, 9800 Metcalf Ave., Overland Park, KS 66212.
The deadline for submission is July 15, 2006, and the winners will be notified by Aug. 15, 2006.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2017 Penton Media Inc.