ASIC Annual National Conference Hosted Industry Leaders and New Officers
The American Society of Irrigation Consultants’ (ASIC) 23rd Annual Conference welcomed more than 200 irrigation industry leaders from 31 states in San Diego, Calif., recently.
Representatives from the Irrigation Association, the Center for Irrigation Technology, the American Society of Landscape Architects and several universities joined irrigation consultants, distributors and manufacturers in discussing new products, surfacing design challenges and solutions, as well as professional development for three days beginning April 29.
In addition to a powerful slate of presenters and educators, ASIC elected 2006 Executive Board members:
- President – Dave Davis, Dave Davis and Associates, Crestline, Calif.
- Vice President – Bob Scott, Irrigation Consultant Services, Inc., Conyers, Ga.
- Secretary – Jeff Bruce, Jeffrey L. Bruce and Company, North Kansas City, Mo.
- Treasurer – Steve Sisler, Spectrum Irrigation Consulting, Queen Creek, Ariz.
- Immediate Past President – Dan Benner, Hydro Environmental, Inc., Marietta, Ga.
ASIC 2006 Directors include:
- Erik Christiansen, EC Design Group, Ltd., West Des Moines, Iowa
- Steve Crain, The Toro Company, Carrboro, N.C.
- Warren Gorowitz, Ewing Irrigation Products, Torrance, Calif.
- Steve Hohl, Water Concern, Ltd., Orange, Calif.
- Lynda Wightman, Hunter Industries, Missoula, Mont.
- Rick Davis, Rain Bird Corporation, Tucson, Ariz.
- Ivy Munion, The I.S.C. Group, Inc., Livermore, Calif.
Several looming issues arose at the conference, including the implications of proposed new EPA guidelines on who qualifies as an agent of irrigation, and concerns regarding suggestions of limitations on land development and sprinkler equipment accessibility.
Conference attendees also learned about new water resource opportunities, landscape design trends and other important legislative issues.
Finally, ASIC welcomed an old friend into a new role – Chet Sarsfield was invited to be the organization’s official Historian.
This year’s was ASIC’s biggest and best-attended conference yet. However, the American Society of Irrigation Consultants still maintains the intimate dynamic of a close family sharing professional ideas, advice and experiences.
For more information on this year’s conference, visit www.asic.org. ASIC’s 2007 Annual National Conference will be held in Charleston, SC.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2017 Penton Media Inc.