GCSAA Rolls Out New Industry Search Engine
The Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA) has launched the latest version of its new search engine, specifically designed for the golf course management industry.
Fore!, was unveiled at the 2005 GCSAA Education Conference and inaugural Golf Industry Show in Orlando, Feb. 7-12. Available through GCSAA Online as an exclusive member service, Fore! works by searching and indexing only Web sites designated by GCSAA administrators. In this way it goes much further than traditional search engines in that it gives users only qualified results and then organizes the results into specific categories. For each category, users will have access to the top results, along with a link to view all of the results in that category.
Currently, the search engine has six categories:
- GCSAA – results from gcsaa.org and other GCSAA online properties.
- Publications/Media – results from Golf Course Management, the association’s monthly magazine, magazines and other publications, as well as other golf industry-related Web sites.
- Chapters – results from all 104 GCSAA affiliated chapter and student chapter Web sites.
- Universities/Organizations – results from the National Golf Course Owners Association, the United States Golf Association, universities and dozens of other related groups.
- Regulatory/Compliance – results from government Web sites or independently operated sites that provide regulatory and compliance information.
- Industry – results from all GCSAA 2005 Golf Industry Show exhibitor Web sites. Beginning in August 2005, the search will be revised to include the Web sites of all GCSAA affiliate member companies.
GCSAA’s new search engine culls results from a database index of more than 1,200 industry-related Web sites.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2016 Penton Media Inc.