GreenCast Hosting Online Fantasy Golf Contest
GreenCast (www.greencastonline.com), a Web-based technology from Syngenta, offers its members a chance to test their knowledge of the PGA Tour with the GreenCast Fantasy Golf Challenge 2005.
Registered GreenCast members can select and field teams of professional golfers in a friendly competition. The contest will end in September with the Bell Canadian Open. Prizes will be awarded to the games winners. Participants can register for the game on the GreenCast web site at any time. Players who enter the contest after its start are still eligible to win.
GreenCast offers its users free access to information that can help them to make more informed agronomic and business decisions. Users can customize the site to display only the tools and resources they choose for their operation. In addition, the site has specific pages dedicated to the golf, lawn and landscape and ornamental markets so industry professionals can find information relevant to their markets faster. The site offers users:
- Feature articles relevant industry perspective on topics ranging from employee management to the environment.
- News information from around the industry, including top university programs.
- TechNotes technical information on topics ranging from disease prevention to insect detection.
- Soil temperature mapping users can zoom in and view soil temperatures for their areas.
- Pest outlooks and alerts forecast maps and news alerts for potential and probable pest outbreaks. Users can receive customized e-mail alerts when pests in their area reach a certain threshold that users specify.
- Local weather forecasting weather tools such as a crop moisture index and drought forecasting map, in addition to local, up-to-date weather conditions.
- 30-year disease mapping users can use 30-year disease norms for their areas to anticipate the likelihood of destructive diseases and plan optimal preventive application timing.
Getting started with GreenCast is easy. Simply visit the Web site, (www.greencastonline.com), answer a few quick questions and set up a username and password to access valuable information.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2017 Penton Media Inc.