Briggs & Stratton Announces Distribution Restructuring
Briggs & Stratton recently announced a restructuring of the U.S. distribution network resulting in a consolidation from 16 to 6 Central Sales and Service Distributors.
Those six distributors are:
- Atlantic Power/Power Equipment Company, Castleton, NY and Visalina, Calif.
- Central Power Systems, Columbus, Ohio and Tampa, Fla.
- Midwest Engine Warehouse, Aurora, Ill. and Omaha, Neb.
- Preferred Power, Charlotte, NC
- SEDCO, Norcross, Ga.
- Wisconsin Magneto, Milwaukee, Wis. and Anoka, Minn.
“Briggs & Stratton Corporation is handling the transition from 16 to 6 CSSDs over the next few months in a manner that will maintain the high service levels to which Briggs & Stratton dealers are accustomed,” said Steve Rugg, senior vice president of sales at Briggs & Stratton Corp.