GCSAA Golf Championship Set At San Diego Area Courses
Few golf events can match the sheer number of participants attracted by the annual Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA) Golf Championship, and this year 600 GCSAA members will compete for top honors at five San Diego area courses, Feb. 9-10.
The 54th GCSAA Golf Championship is held in conjunction with GCSAA’s 75th International Golf Course Conference and Show, Feb. 9-14, in San Diego. Past participants have come from every state in the nation and several of the 65 countries represented by GCSAA members.
The list of host courses includes:
- Del Mar National Golf Club (formerly Meadows Del Mar Golf Club), Paul Cushing, golf course superintendent, (858) 720-2313
- Maderas Golf Club, Scott Tuggle, certified golf course superintendent, (858) 485-1071
- Barona Creek Golf Club, Sandy Clark, certified golf course superintendent, (619) 328-3991
- The Auld Course, Dave Buckles, golf course superintendent, (619) 656-6629
- Steele Canyon Golf Club, Ranch/Meadow Courses, Phil R. Fitzgerald, golf course superintendent, (619) 441-6903
For the 10th consecutive year, The Toro Co. will partner with the association to present the annual GCSAA Golf Championship. Toro, a global leader in providing maintenance equipment and irrigation systems to golf courses, has been the sole partner of this event.
The Golf Championship will consist of 11 flights, with the overall champion being crowned from the Championship flight. The Championship flight will be comprised of 122 players competing at Maderas Golf Club for the first round, Monday, Feb. 9 and finishing on Tuesday, Feb. 10 at Del Mar National Golf Club.