John Deere Tractor Loader Backhoe Recognized With Top Industry AwardThe John Deere 110 Tractor Loader Backhoe (TLB) recently received the prestigious AE50 Award from Resource: Engineering & Technology for a Sustainable World, the monthly membership publication of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers (ASAE).
AE50 awards are given each year to honor companies that release the best new products engineered for agriculture, food, biological and related systems.
In order to be eligible for the 2003 AE50 awards, a product has to meet five main requirements. It must:
- Be a new technology or advancement.
- Be intended principally for producing, processing, storing, researching, packaging or transporting agricultural, food or other biological products.
- Be deemed by a panel of judges to be a worthwhile contribution to advancing agricultural, food or biological systems engineering.
- Have potential for a broad impact in its affected area or industries for agricultural, food or biological engineering.
- Have been introduced in 2002.
The TLB was one of this year’s highest-ranking entries. “We consider this recognition to be quite significant. For our product to be called out from many and put on the list of top products—all judged by a panel of peer engineers—what a great honor,” says Robb Haun, engineer, John Deere Commercial Products.