Winners of GCSAA Grants Announced
Bayer Environmental Science recently announced the five golf course superintendents that get to attend the GCSAA International Conference & Show this February in San Diego for free, compliments of Bayer and The Environmental Institute for Golf. The winners are:
- Patrick Reilly, Juniper Golf Course, Redmond, Ore.
- Brent Vermeer, Meadows Country Club, Moville, Iowa
- Wilfred Williams, Spring Hollow Golf Course, Spring City, Pa.
- Jamie Pavlas, CGCS, Paul Harney Golf Club, East Falmouth, Mass.
- Larry Olson, Penticton Golf & Country Club, Penticton, British Columbia, Canada
The winners were selected at random from 432 applicants. Only head superintendents who hadn’t attended GCSAA’s conference and show in the last two years were eligible to apply. Winners receive airfare, hotel accommodations for six nights, conference full-pack registration, two education seminars (half-day, one-day or two-day), two tickets to the GCSAA Dinner Show and a $200 expense stipend.
“The grant is part of Bayer’s commitment to furthering the opportunities available to golf course superintendents,” says Bryan Gooch, programs manager for Bayer Environmental Science. “We believe the GCSAA Conference & Show is the best way to enhance professional development for this industry.”