Project EverGreen Reports Successful Launch of GreenCare for Troops Program But More Help Is Still Needed
Project EverGreen reports its GreenCare for Troops program is gaining nationwide attention and favorable exposure for the green industry. As a result it has issued a call for more landscape and lawn care providers to participate in this patriotic public service effort.
Launched in late May, Green Care for Troops is designed to provide lawn and landscape maintenance help for families of armed forces personnel whose major breadwinner is serving in the Middle East. “The response has been most gratifying,” said Den Gardner, executive director for Project EverGreen. “GreenCare for Troops is beginning to benefit hundreds of families in at least 40 states and, as the word spreads, demand is certain to increase. However, in some areas families are not being served, as there aren’t any lawn and landscape professionals signed up in their area. It is vital that we enlist more lawn and landscape professionals across the nation to volunteer their time and talents and I urge you to sign up today. This will enable us to serve more needy families and help provide a lasting impression that, on all levels, our industry has the public interest as a top priority.”
Gardner said that GreenCare for Troops is designed to be very flexible and can be tailored so that it is a benefit and not a burden for local providers who volunteer. He recapped the program’s basic details as follows.
- Local providers are asked to volunteer to furnish lawn services to affected families at no charge for a year.
- Those who volunteer can specify the limits of their involvement—i.e. how many families they wish to serve and what service they will provide.
- Project EverGreen will coordinate matching local providers with families that sign up directly with Project EverGreen. This enables the provider to work with only one family or as many as they choose (up to ten families).
- Participating lawn care professionals will also receive a special “MissionKit” complete with exciting marketing and promotional materials as well as a business blueprint for using the program to generate participation in their regions, resulting in favorable exposure for their businesses.
- Lawn and landscape professionals do not need to be contributors to Project EverGreen to participate.
Contractors interested in volunteering or in obtaining more information about GreenCare for Troops should access the Project EverGreen Web site at www.projectevergreen.com or call toll-free at (877) 758-4835.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2016 Penton Media Inc.