Public Safety: Key Issue in June 2006 Symposium
At least 1,000 snow and ice management professionals will storm downtown Hartford June 14-17, for the 9th Annual Snow and Ice Symposium. Coordinated by the Snow and Ice Management Association (SIMA), the symposium will feature a 2-day trade show and 3-day educational symposium for professionals who remove snow and ice across the United States and Canada.
“The attendees of this event are the first line of defense for thousands of U.S. and Canadian citizens who live in areas affected by snow and ice each year,” says Tammy Johnson, SIMA executive director. “The focus of our show is to help educate and professionalize an industry that is tied directly to public safety.”
The 9th Annual Snow and Ice Symposium will occur at the Connecticut Convention Center in downtown Hartford, and will include:
- Testing for SIMA’s Certified Snow Professional program;
- Educational sessions focusing on topics such as proper insurance, slip and fall claims, management, sales and marketing, weather forecasting and leadership;
- A tour of maintenance facilities at Bradley International Airport in Hartford;
- Meetings and receptions for SIMA members and member volunteers;
- Roundtable meetings where snow and ice professionals come together to share tips of the trade;
- A large trade show featuring new products and services for the snow and ice management industry;
- Sessions featuring a respected business and leadership consultant from Franklin Covey.
For a complete list of scheduled events, as well as registration information, contact Trina Cragle, SIMA’s show coordinator, at (814) 835-3577, or visit www.sima.org.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2017 Penton Media Inc.