Shindaiwa Service Seminar Concludes
The 17th annual Shindaiwa Service Seminar recently was held at the Shindaiwa campus located in Tualatin, Ore. Twenty-three Shindaiwa distributor service managers from North America and nine International Shindaiwa distributor service managers from as far away as Italy and Russia attended the four-day event.
Highlighting the agenda was an update on 2005 emissions standards for handheld outdoor power equipment, electrical theory problem solving, carburetor troubleshooting, piston failure analysis, and new product introductions and demonstrations. At the conclusion of the meeting, Pete Fernald, Shindaiwa technical services manager, announced the winner of Shindaiwa Distributor Service
Manager of the Year award. The basic requirements for the award include the following:
- Be proficient in Shindaiwa warranty policies and procedures.
- Assume an authoritative role with the Shindaiwa electronic warranty system.
- Be the “Technical Support” person to your dealers.
- Provide training to the dealer base utilizing Shindaiwa guidelines and materials.
- Develop your own personal skills as listed in the distributor service manager guidelines.
The winner of the 2004 Shindaiwa Distributor Service Manager of the Year is Terry Gray of Tidewater Power Equipment, Inc. of Virginia Beach, Va. According to Fernald, “All year long, Terry has demonstrated a proficiency and solid acumen for outstanding technical support with dealers and commercial end-users in the state of Virginia. This award is well deserved.”
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2016 Penton Media Inc.